The National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders & the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative Presents:
The 2019 #IDDSIchallenge!
You are invited to participate in the second annual contest showing the world how you have been creating culinary delights using the IDDSI Framework.
June 1 – June 20, 2019 = Post your creations for National Dysphagia Awareness Month
June 20 – June 26, 2019 = Vote for your Favorite Creations
June 27, 2019 = Announce the Top 3 Winners
Prizes: 3 prizes of $100 gift cards
Who can enter? Everyone! You can enter as an individual, a family, a corporation, a restaurant, a healthcare organization.
How to enter:
2. Include #IDDSIchallenge and tag @NFOSD in your post between June 1 – June 20 (deadline is midnight GMT)
**Make sure your post is public so that we can share this!**
3. Like and share your creation on Facebook and Twitter with all of your friends!
Here’s an example:
Rules and Regulations Apply: Click Here for more Information
How to win:
1. All photos will be viewed by an expert panel of judges and the top 5 entries will be selected for voting by the global audience.
2. Vote using ‘likes’ to choose the winners on Facebook and Twitter.
3. Judges will add bonus points for a creative name for your masterpiece.
Meet the Judges: Click Here
Winners will be announced and showcased on both the IDDSI and NFOSD websites.
What is IDDSI?
The IDDSI Framework was developed to provide safety, through a standardised way of naming and describing texture modified foods and thickened liquids for people with swallowing difficulties across the lifespan. It is a person-centred rather than profession-centred approach providing practical and validated measurement techniques to ensure that what is prepared in hospital, can reliably be prepared at home or other settings to reduce the risk of choking and aspiration. The common language of the framework can be used by persons with dysphagia, caregivers, clinicians, food service professionals and industry partners, allowing us to speak the same language the world over. Learn more at: www.iddsi.org