We are glad you are joining us, and we are looking forward to your contribution to our online discussion boards related to swallowing disorders.
This online forum is meant to be a safe place to share stories, questions, and information related to swallowing disorders. To make that possible, we need everyone to be respectful of all members. Here are the rules & guidelines for using the NFOSD forum:
- This is not a replacement for medical advice. The forum should not be used as a substitute for consultation with an appropriate health care professional, as each individual’s medical situation is unique. It is important that you consult with your medical professional (e.g., physician, SLP) before implementing any course of treatment. Experiences that are new to you should be done with the help of a caregiver and when access to emergency medical care is available.
- Stay on topic. Make your contribution relevant to the original post.
- Be polite. Everyone likes to be treated with respect, so inappropriate language, harsh criticism, or disrespect of others’ opinions are not allowed. Content provided by users of our forum reflect the opinions and experience of those people, not the NFOSD.
- Be responsible. You are responsible for your own actions and content posted on the NFOSD forum.
- Report violations. We will monitor the forum, but if we miss something, please let us know by emailing email@example.com so that we can take appropriate action.
- Do not advertise or post fake reviews. Proposing transactions or promoting your website, blog, products, etc. for financial gain or other marketing intent is prohibited. That’s not what our forums are all about. If we find such postings, we’ll delete them and you may get banned from future posting.
- Do not impersonate or invade privacy. Impersonating other discussion board members, medical professionals, other NFOSD members, or anyone else will not be tolerated. Do not post private information about others.
- Privacy is limited. The Internet is a public space, and everyone will have access to the information that you post. Please consider this when sharing personal information.
- You’re giving us rights to re-use what you post. Content posted on our forum becomes the property of the NFOSD and may be edited, deleted, published or otherwise used by us. We do not check the accuracy of posted content and accept no responsibility for loss, injury, or inconvenience by any person using the free advice received from the NFOSD discussion boards.
- Don’t reuse content without permission. Content found in the NFOSD forum is not to be used for formal and/or professional research, commercial gain, or redistribution in any way without the permission of the NFOSD and the Forum member(s) involved.