Free Webcast: Dysphagia and Modified Barium Swallowing Study (MBSS), Bridging Coding, Health Policy and Evidence-Based Practice
Jo Puntil M.S. CCC SLP-BCS-S, ASHA Fellow
Financial disclosures: Full Time Salary Dixie Regional Medical Center, Bracco Advisory Board participant and Bracco honorarium for this program. Non-Financial disclosures: ASHA CFCC Board, AB-SSD Application Committee Reviewer, SIG 13 member, DRS and AJSLP Publication Reviewer
Donna Richmond, BA, RCC, CIRCC, CPC
Financial disclosures: Panacea employee, full-time salary. Non-Financial disclosures: None
Highlights of this seminar include:
· Describe three key components that need to be included in a MBSS/VFSS report and communicated to the medical team across the continuum of care under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) MACRA /Quality Payment Program
· Identify two reasons why a standardized methodical process in executing a MBSS/VFSS is vital for accurate diagnosis and implementation of a plan of care
· Identify and Integrate the top 4 predictors of aspiration pneumonia for implementing a plan of care
· Identify the CPT® codes, supervision rules, and Medicare reimbursement information for MBSS
· Q&A opportunity – a portion will be devoted to answering as many questions as time permits
WHEN: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
– 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (Pacific)
– 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Mountain)
– 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Central)
– 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
RSVP: Space is limited. Click Here to reserve your Webinar seat now.
Or you may copy and paste the following into your browser:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. Audio will be provided through your speakers or via the dial-in number provided.
WHY: Get practical, up to date information, plus answers to your questions from the industry’s leading experts.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance for attending the presentation. This presentation is pending CE approval
by the following credentialing agencies: AAPC, AHRA (Category A, ARRT), RCCB.
For more information, contact your Bracco Diagnostics sales representative.
VARIBAR® (barium sulfate)
Indications and Usage:
VARIBAR® THIN HONEY (barium sulfate) oral suspension, VARIBAR® NECTAR (barium sulfate) oral suspension, and VARIBAR® THIN LIQUID (barium sulfate) for oral suspension, are indicated for use in modified barium swallow examinations to evaluate the oral and pharyngeal function and morphology in adult and pediatric patients. VARIBAR® HONEY (barium sulfate) oral suspension and VARIBAR® PUDDING (barium sulfate) oral paste are indicated for use in modified barium swallow examinations to evaluate the oral and pharyngeal function and morphology in adult and pediatric patients 6 months of age and older.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
For Oral Administration. This product should not be used in patients with known or suspected perforation of the GI tract, known obstruction of the GI tract, high risk of aspiration, or hypersensitivity to barium sulfate products. Rarely, severe allergic reactions of anaphylactoid nature have been reported following administration of barium sulfate contrast agents. Aspiration may occur during the modified barium swallow examination, monitor the patient for aspiration.
Please consult full Prescribing Information for VARIBAR products. https://imaging.bracco.com/us-
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
VARIBAR is manufactured by E-Z-EM Canada Inc., for E-Z-EM, Inc., a subsidiary of Bracco Diagnostics Inc., Monroe Twp., NJ 08831.
VARIBAR is a registered trademark of E-Z-EM, Inc.
Bracco Diagnostics Inc.
259 Prospect Plains Road, Building H
Monroe Township, NJ 08831 USA
Toll Free: 1-877-272-2269 (U.S. only)
© 2020 Bracco Diagnostics Inc. All Rights Reserved.