NFOSD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with an all volunteer Board of Directors. Funding comes from the generosity of family, friends, the professional dysphagia community, patients, and caregivers. Help us continue to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Scroll down to sign up for membership.
Click here to be transferred to our donations page to become a member. Memberships begin at $10 and remain valid for the calendar year. All membership fees are tax deductible donations in line with IRS regulations. Recurring monthly/quarterly donations will assume 12 (or 4) donations of equal amount in determining a membership level.
The National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders (NFOSD) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for those suffering from all types of swallowing disorders. We accomplish this by increasing disorder awareness, providing education and direct patient support, and raising funds for dysphagia research. Our mission is to provide patient hope and advance the treatment of swallowing disorders in our lifetime. Your membership contribution will help support NFOSD’s activities in addressing the broad emotional, physical and social needs for all those with a swallowing disorder. Your gift is needed and greatly appreciated! All information is confidential and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Free access to our Dysphagia webinar series during the current calendar year (January – December)
- Free “Swallowing Disorders Can Affect Anyone” Trifold brochures (including mailing costs in US) (up to 200)
- Access to select Foundation and Medical Advisory Board members on an as-needed basis
- Ability to add membership support to your resume or CV
- Knowing you are our partner in improving the lives of those with a swallowing disorder
Note: Membership donations may be directed to specific support programs, research initiatives or as an honorarium or a memorial. If you wish to have your funds directed toward a specific initiative, please email us at email@example.com with specifics about how you would like your donation used. An NFOSD team member will contact you if there are questions.